Saturday 26 April 2014

Chiselled Cheeks

Makeup By Simmy Sidhu

So this is the first beauty post on our brand new blog, what better way to kick it all off than by talking about contouring! Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter no matter what site you are on you cannot get away from it. I am not going to yammer on about how to contour there are thousands of pictures on the internet which are easy to follow however I will be giving my opinion on what products I feel are best to contour.


A majority of Makeup Artists use a darker foundation to contour and lighter to highlight and yes this does look like perfection if done properly, the key to achieving a flawless look with the foundation is BLENDING, blend ,blend, blend, and then blend some more, seriously that is the best information I could give you. You do not want to look streaky or patchy so invest in a great blending brush, there are many on the market, my favourites would be AC011 Deluxe Double sided blender or C442 Duo Fibre Buffer from Crown Brush.

Foundation contouring can look good but can sometimes look caked and a little cartoonish, yes makeup is amazing however it should enhance your natural features not reinvent your face. That said, I prefer to use bronzer powder to contour, a little goes a long way and it looks natural, your face glows and looks sun kissed. Anastasia Beverley Hills is the go to brand for professionals; the products are amazing and one of her best sellers is her contour kit which is all powder based and is sold out and restocked continuously. Within the palette you get 6 powders which are designed to contour and highlight your features. 



This is an American brand and at $40 plus shipping may be expensive for us overseas so I have found alternatives. Sleek is the high street brand which is doing wonders! Seriously OMG it is great! They have a range of products and it is a brand which will be featured a lot throughout this blog (trust me!) They have a range of contouring palettes to suit your skin tone and you can achieve amazing looks and it’s all for £6.49 and can get picked up from selected Superdrugs or online. As for highlighting, I cannot rave enough about Ben Nye Banana Powder, the product blends to almost every skin tone and stays put throughout the day. An 8oz pot costs around £15 but shopping around you may find lower prices, there is a range of colours and sizes so you will find the perfect powder for to suit you. 

Sleek colours in Dark, Medium and light.

 
Ben Nye Luxury powder colour range: Buff, Cameo, Banana, Beige Suede, Camel, Dolce, Olive Sand, Clay, Nutmeg and Dark Cocoa.
(Banana is the most commonly used)

Once your look is complete finish it all off with a spritz of Mac Fix+ which adds a dewy glow. 

So there you have it, first post done! 

-          Simmy Sidhu






2 comments:

  1. Hey I really enjoyed reading this post! I have had my eye on the Anastasia contour kit for ages now but yeah, as you mentioned already, it always seems to be sold out, however I have also heard many promising reviews about the sleek contour kit and you might have just convinced me to finally purchase one haha. Is the highlighter from the contour kit any good though? Also, do you know of any trustworthy sites I could purchase the Ben NYE banana powder from? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you enjoyed the post, and trust me you will not be disappointed with your Sleek purchase. In regards to the Ben NYE banana powder I got mine from this site http://camerareadycosmetics.com/ :) hope you love it as much as I do!

      Delete

Blogger Templates from pipdig