Wednesday 30 April 2014

Buff and hydrate your skin


By Simmy Sidhu


So spring is upon us! Although the weather is extremely hormonal we have been getting a few good days which are hitting over the 15 degrees mark. In good old London we will take whatever we can get!

Well like I said, spring is upon and most of you will be putting away that heavy face cream for a lighter lotion…however if your skin is like mine that is a no no. I have suffered from eczema from birth, it was sore and red and not very pleasant and it was bad all year round. As I got older it got better but if I don’t take care of my skin it does come back.


I have used various products over the years, prescription, high street, high end and organic but even if they started off good I realised within a few weeks my skin would get worse. Now at the age of 25 I have found my routine…FINALLY!

This product penetrates deep; it’s thick and even perfect for summer as it doesn’t leave the skin looking greasy so makeup can easily be applied over it. I use this every morning.

As you can imagine this cream is a lot heavier than Aveeno and a lot more greasy, but it is the perfect bed time product to let sink in to your skin and wake up with skin like butter. This can be used during the day on those really dry days but makeup does not sit as well on it unless you use a lot of powder to fix it.

Now you can only use cream once you have washed and scrubbed your face, I know we are only told to exfoliate up to 3 times a week but I need to do this every day due to my dry skin. I have always been a St Ives fan and the Apricot scrub is a classic; however I brought myself a Clarisonic Face Brush (you can get a range of high street face brushes) and needed a scrub with it which was a little less thick. I stayed in the St Ives family and am now a huge fan of the Microdermabrasion scrub, the texture is light and smooth and can be used with and without the face brush depending on how much you want to exfoliate.

Microdermabrasion uses exfoliates to buff away skin to reveal new, healthy, glowing skin and helps increase skin turnover.  This is a great product for dry and oily skin however if your skin is very sensitive then using it every day may not be an option.

I use my Face Brush and microdermabrasion scrub every other day, the face brush is gentle and helps buff the skin. On the days I do not use it I stick to my trusted St Ives Apricot scrub.

There you have it! The products I have tried and tested to make sure my skin stays flake free all year round. These are products which have suited my skin however everyone has a different tolerance to products so please test products before using them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates from pipdig