Sunday 27 April 2014

Shard-ing



By Jaskiran Sagoo
Shard-ing: my new favourite thing to do. Don’t be fooled into thinking that this means it’s a regular occurrence (I wish!), more like I’ve been twice, so now it can officially be called a thing I do. I’m talking about going to the glass pyramid which sits in the heart of London.  I’ve been lucky enough to be taken there during the day for afternoon tea and at night for drinks. So I thought why not share my experience and give you a run down on my outfits.


The Shard throws a very nice afternoon tea, don’t expect the standard of the Ritz or the selection you get at the Park Lane Hilton, but it’s not bad for thirty pounds and gives you a chance to absorb the best views of London. I chose to wear a new pair of shorts I received as a Christmas present from my sister with some tights (boo! but its freezing cold at the moment), a sheer Zara top and my trusty flats. I’m a lover of shorts and the print on these made me fall in love with them straight away. They’re quite versatile and I think printed silk shorts are always a good choice for casual or evening wear.




For the evening I ended up in the Shard for pre dinner drinks with friends, however we all ended up having such a good time drinking away on champagne and yummy cocktails that we kind of forgot about dinner! The atmosphere is just right, everyones there to have a good time with loved ones and laugh lots, which suited us perfectly. For dinner I decided to make more of an effort, teaming a cornelli embroided top with a old leather trimmed cigeratte trouser and some open toe suede heels. My accessories included a Louis Vuitton clutch and my russian red lipstick. If you do go at night, I recommend dressing up, its definitely worth it!





2 comments:

  1. Those shorts you wore for afternoon tea are lovely (your sister must also have great taste lol). As far as the outfit for the pre drinks goes, you can't really go wrong with a pair of cigarette trousers, they are awesome! Not forgetting to mention that a bold lip + lace is just so classy, great choice babe.

    Overall, i really liked how you changed up your style making your outfits appropriate for day/night.
    It would be great if you could maybe post some more outfit ideas styling those cigarette trousers or something?





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! So glad you liked the post! Will definitely have a look into a post in regards to wearing a cigarette trouser and maybe some tapered/harem trousers for summer. ☺️

      Delete

Blogger Templates from pipdig