Friday 20 February 2015

Homemade goodness

By Simmy Kaur
So basically it is still freezing cold outside. I thought that we were heading towards better weather but then yesterday I woke up with frost covering my car windows and have now lost all hope for spring. This winter chill also means that central heating is working overtime in my house and my skin is truly suffering, BUT I have come across the perfect little remedy to fix that right up!



Let me start off with a little background on my skin. I have had eczema since I was a child, when I was younger it was rather severe but over the years it has calmed down a lot and this is honestly through using minimal products on my skin and sticking to a few cult favourites which use mostly natural ingredients. But in the winter my skin still seems to dry out completely with the central heating and although I usually manage it, this year it seems to be a little more tricky.

My Solution:

All you need it two ingredients and they are extremely easy to find. First you need some oats and secondly some almond oil. Oats are great for dry skin as they form a protective film and almond oil is perfect for moisturising your skin and helps nourish it as well as soothing skin inflammation and irritation and best of all it leave your skin smelling delicious!




What to do:

Grab about a tea spoon of both and mix it together to create an exfoliator and literally smear it all over your face and start buffing away the dry skin. You keep buffing until all the oats have gone so you are just left with almond oil. No need to add anything to you skin after, just let the almond oil nourish your skin overnight.



I used my L’Occitane almond oil which I got as a gift (this is because I am obsessed with skin oils) and it does work perfectly, but you can also pick up a bottle from your local supermarket for half the price.

Enjoy your luxury homemade exfoliator!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates from pipdig