Wednesday 25 February 2015

The more mascara the better!

Mascara is one of my everyday beauty products, along with blusher and my Dior addict lip balm. The beauty of mascara is that you can completely change it up depending on what look you are going for and how natural you want to eyes to appear. I tend to stick to two personal mascara favourites, but for this post I decided to test out two popular products and give you my thoughts. 
By Jaskiran Sagoo

In the photo above, the top set of lashes have no mascara on them. I thought I'd share my naked eyes so you can compare how much difference the mascaras really make. The second insert is using the UK's number one bestseller, Benefit's they're real! Mascara. 


It was easy to apply and I did need a few applications to get the results I wanted, but my lashes got lots of compliments. At £19.50 its not the cheapest but I have been told its lasts long and the results are worth it. 

In the third insert I am wearing a mascara I found online. It's called Younique and is the first 3D Fiber Lash mascara I have tried.


At £23.00 it offers you a case with two separate mascaras inside, one called a Transplanting gel and the other called Natural Fibers. When I first opened up my Natural Fibers tube, I was convinced I'd received a faulty kit but all was okay (the fibers look a little weird). You first apply a coat of your own mascara, wait for it to dry, then apply a layer of the transplanting gel. Then quickly apply the fibers and finish off with another coat of the transplanting gel. The results are immediate. The fibers increase thickness and create the illusion of fake lashes. I won't lie, I was impressed. However it does cause clumps as you can see in the photo above. The advice given to me was to use a comb to separate the lashes or to try using my own mascara with the fibers, which has produced better results. 

Personally for me its more of a night out mascara because its so heavy. It can be applied more lightly but I would probably go for my normal mascara instead which is less hassle. I don't wear fake lashes but for those who do, this may be something you want to try instead. It is available here

Out of them all I still stick to my personal favourites - Maybelline Collosal Cat Eye mascara and the Maybelline Volum'express Mega Plush mascara. I use them together and they provide me with the right balance of volume and length. I will definitely still use the 3D Younique mascara occasionally at night for a more dramatic look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates from pipdig