Tuesday 13 May 2014

Sushi Samba – A blend of Japanese, Brazilian & Peruvian cuisine



By Simmy Sidhu

Sushi lover or not you will love this gorgeous restaurant located in Heron Tower. Your experience begins the minute you enter the lift, sitting on the 38th and 39th floor you enjoy a minute long ride up with stunning views of London. 


Sushi Samba offers a range of food such as Brazilian Churrasco and Moqueca, Peruvian Anticuchos and Seviches; and Japanese tempura and sushi. Now I am not a sushi fan, me and fish do not go together HOWEVER I was pleasantly surprised to see steak sushi on the menu and that was it for me! 




We ordered the Samba London platter which consisted of a range of sushi and this was more than enough for two, but come on I was not going to stop there.


We tried the Miso soup, Wagyu beef which is presented on a hot stone, asparagus and sashimi platters and I have to say I loved it all. There was a selection of meat, fish and vegetarian options on the menu so there is something for everyone 





Now this place is pricey but is totally worth it if you enjoy good food. That does not mean I rock up there every other week (not yet anyway…I wish). It is a great setting for any special occasion and you do not mind parting with your money when the bill comes.


After your meal you can enjoy a drink at the bar or on their beautifully decorated deck, now I went in the winter so stepping outside was a challenge (but a perfect excuse to go back this summer). The bar itself is a perfect stop for after work drinks, filled with city workers dressed to impress.




I was in my work attire when I went, luckily, which is a change from my usual jeans and converses. If you are looking for a restaurant where you can get dressed up, enjoy exquisite food and enjoy a cheeky drink then this is it.

  

2 comments:

  1. Ah it looks and sounds so stunning! Steak sushi I didnt even know that existed! Will have to try it next time I can. The restaurant is so beautiful and the view so stunning looks like a fabulous night out! Beautiful post xo

    stylegrande.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you GrandyXO glad you enjoyed the post. This place is amazing and definetely worth a try. Hope you enjoy it when you go :) xo

      Delete

Blogger Templates from pipdig